11.28.2011

You can probably relate to Edward Scissorhands

Edward Scissorhands is the sorrowful tale of an outcast attempting to maintain in a prim and proper American community thats totally fake. Like mega-fakey fake. Everyone is stereotyped and tacky (right down to the fact that women sell Avon products door to door and staple cotton snow to the roof during the holiday season). There is a mean jock, a innocent Wino Ryder and weirdo neighbors. Everyone is off, except Edward, who can barely talk.

In the midst of all the chaos surrounding his arrival to the neighborhood, his horrorifying aspects are sheathed by is talent with shrubbery; but then uncovered again when he nicks a kid -- EVERYONE STARTS BEING HATERS ON HIM! Its too sad/frustrating.
Here is a closing line of an essay I found online; "The final image of Edward in the colourful gardens, surrounded by nature and creativity reinforces the idea that American society is too sterile and narrow to cope with one who does not conform."

I really could not have said it better myself. I love this movie. And I hate society. (AnArChY!!!!)

2 comments:

gabi said...

The bit at the beginning with all the candy coloured houses! Love that bit! Society sucks.
Julia for president. PLEASE.

Laura Morrigan said...

I always loved Edward himself, although I found the movie painful to watch, almost everyone was so horrible to him, only liking him when he was famous!

I also always loved The Addams Family, and wished I could be a part of them. It all made so much sense!

http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/
http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Teen Bones
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com